Zone Your Home – Parent/Caregiver Training
For Groups or Individuals Around the World
Zone Your Home: The Zones of Regulation Parent/Caregiver Training Description:
(2.0 clock hours)
Is your child struggling to manage their feelings? Are you unsure how to help them through their anxiety, anger or sadness?
Join us to learn strategies and practical tools using The Zones of Regulation framework. This 2-hour session will define self regulation and co-regulation and highlight the basics of using The Zones in your home. We will explore how to set up check-ins and visual supports, identify triggers, build a toolbox of regulation strategies and create daily structures to help your child and family thrive.
Participants can expect to:
- Understand regulation and ways to support it
- Gain a basic understanding of The Zones of Regulation
- Get hands-on, easy-to-use strategies for using The Zones at home, including:
Practical Zones visuals and Zones friendly language
- Learn to do a Check-In with your child as a way to build emotional awareness
- Explore regulation tools and strategies
Anyone interested in learning how to teach the Zones program can sign up for training, including:
- Parents, family members, and caregivers
- Social workers
- Mental health professionals
- Educational Assistants
Explore The Zones of Regulation Curriculum
This training focuses on using The Zones of Regulation curriculum presented in The Zones of Regulation Curriculum (Kuypers, 2011] book. It is imperative to have access to this book when implementing for detailed guidance in instruction and visual materials that are contained within it. This will help to ensure the curriculum is implemented with fidelity.
The curriculum will be referred to throughout the webinar. Books must be purchased separately through Social Thinking, the publishing company.Purchase Book
Zone Your Home Training Agenda:
Section 1 – 45 Minutes
- Understanding Regulation
- What is Regulation?
- What is Co-Regulation
- Development of Regulation
- Introduction to The Zones of Regulation
Section 2 – 75 minutes
- Using The Zones in the Home
- Zones Visuals
- Zones Friendly Language
- Books and Media
- School/Home Connection
- Exploring and Using Regulation Tools
- Triggers and Sparks
Registration can be done individually or as a group. All times are in U.S. Central Time.
Times Below Are United States Central Time (UTC-5)
Click on the time converter to see if you can join us!
Can’t make a scheduled session?
You can view the recording when it works best for you without needing to join at the scheduled time! All you have to do is register for a training within a few weeks of your preferred date and view/listen to the recording. We offer a 30 day replay/recording with all of our trainings. This means you have 30 days after the training date you registered for to playback the webinar during a time that works for you or rewatch it to extend your knowledge.
Want to request a ‘live’ web-based training?
Fill out the form below if you would like to request a ‘live’ web-based training date and we will check our availability! Please note that our schedule limits us to a certain number of trainings per month and we typically schedule 3-5 months in advance.Training Request
How it Works
- Webinars are conducted LIVE online via Zoom Webinar Format. In this format your camera and sound will be disabled. You will be able to communicate via the ‘Chat’ and ‘Q&A’.
- A 30 day replay/recording is offered with all our trainings. This means you have 30 days after the training date you registered for to playback the webinar during a time that works for you to view to extend your knowledge.
- Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with how to access the following support materials on our password protected webpage.
- PPT Handouts
- Breakout activity handout
- Discount flyer for purchasing Zones products
- Certificate of Completion (once webinar is complete)
- When registering as a group, you have the option to view the webinar together or as individuals remotely.
- You will only enter one name/email on the registration page. The name and email address that you enter in the registration will be the lead contact for communication with your group.
- If participants will be viewing remotely, as the lead contact will be responsible for sharing the information provided in the confirmation email with all participants.
- Based on number of participants.
- Individual rates start at $89 per participant, groups of 5 or more qualify for group discounting.
- Group Rates:
- 5-49 – $80/per participant (10% discount)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a group of 50+ Participants
- Note: All payments are in USD.
- Although the webinars are not pre-approved for continuing education credit, a certificate of completion is provided at the end of the webinar that often can be used for continuing education credit for many licensing boards.
- Credit Card
- Purchase Orders/Wire Transfers.