Teach Kids to Manage Big Feelings Through Effective Social Emotional Learning
Over 80% of U.S. public schools reported in 2022 on the negative impact of the pandemic on child well-being and self-regulation. Kids are:
- Struggling to manage their feelings and mental health
- More disruptive in the classroom
- Needing additional social, emotional, and behavioral support
(source: National Center for Education Statistics)
Introducing The Zones of Regulation
A Social Emotional Learning Curriculum and Regulation Program
For over 15 years, schools around the world have been using the original Zones of Regulation program as an empowering instructional tool to build safe, supportive environments that foster learning and well-being for all.
Students benefit from:
- Increased self-awareness and social and emotional skills
- A common language for communication, problem solving, and emotional understanding
- More time spent on learning instead of on behavior management
- A healthier, more inclusive school climate
More than 300,000 copies of The Zones of Regulation books have been sold worldwide!
Join thousands of educators, mental health professionals, clinicians, and caregivers to equip your learners with skills in self-awareness and strategies for regulation.
Introducing the Four Zones
The Zones of Regulation provides an easy way to think and talk about how we feel on the inside and sorts emotions into four colored Zones, all of which are expected in life.Learn more
Sad • Bored •
Tired • Sick
Happy • Focused •
Calm • Proud
Worried • Frustrated •
Silly • Excited
Panicked • Angry •
Get Started with The Zones
Sign up for a live, virtual training to learn foundational program knowledge, as well as hands-on tools and strategies to teach The Zones in a way that encourages adoption.
Take a deep dive into our BLOG posts, free downloadables, Book Nook, and Assessment Tools to help support the use of The Zones.
Train with the Experts in
Strengthen your expertise through specialized live workshops! Whether you are new to implementing a social emotional learning curriculum or looking to deepen your knowledge, our webinars conveniently offer live digital training for both individual and group learning. Plus, you’ll receive bonus handouts and materials to help you with implementation and a 30-day replay option!
Basic Half-Day Training
Our introductory 3-hour Basic Training course is the perfect foundation for anyone beginning their journey with The Zones.
You will learn:
- Fundamental concepts of The Zones of Regulation
- How to teach The Zones using visuals, videos, and student work samples
- Key lessons and tools/strategies necessary for nurturing program adoption
Comprehensive Full-Day Training
This 7-hour training for both seasoned and new practitioners alike is an in-depth exploration of how a self-regulation curriculum fits into the social emotional landscape.
You will learn all the fundamentals covered in the Basic Training, plus:
- Learn how regulation develops and underlying neurobiological components
- Discover how to set the tone and climate to support regulation
- Explore regulation tools and strategies in hands-on activities
- See how to adapt and differentiate The Zones lessons and concepts for various populations
Schoolwide Implementation Training
The 3-hour Schoolwide Implementation Training will prepare school or district teams to successfully implement The Zones of Regulation as a Tier-1 social emotional learning (SEL) program.
You will learn:
- Ways to establish common school wide Zones of Regulation practices and systems
- Adult practices that build an inclusive school climate
- The basics of creating a sustainable implementation plan customized for your school
Zone Your Home - Parent/Caregiver Training
This 2-hour session will define self-regulation and co-regulation and highlight the basics of using The Zones in your home. We will explore how to set up check-ins and visual supports, identify triggers, build a toolbox of regulation strategies, and create daily structures to help your child and family thrive.
You will learn:
- How to understand regulation and ways to support it
- A basic understanding of The Zones of Regulation
- Hands-on, easy-to-use strategies for using The Zones at home
Adolescent Adaptations Training
In this 1-hour training, you will learn how to use The Zones of Regulation to build self-regulation skills with tweens and teens.
You will learn:
- Best practices and regulation tools geared toward this unique age group
- How to adapt The Zones language and resources for adolescents
- Implementation tips for secondary school settings plus community Q&A
View Webinar Schedule
Bring the benefits of The Zones of Regulation program to your school, clinic, or home today. Check out our calendar to join us for an upcoming virtual training.Register Now
What People Are Saying About The Zones of Regulation
The Zones of Regulation has helped our staff understand the needs of our students. It helps build empathy instead of frustration with our more challenging students. The Zones also create a conversation that is more hopeful and skill based instead of punishment based. I could go on and on...
The Zones of Regulation has made a great impact on my students. It give students and staff a common language to use when identifying our emotions as well as tools to help regulate. It fits in wonderfully with PBIS.
I use The Zones DAILY in my treatment sessions within my school district as well as my outpatient clinic. I am always looking for new ways to implement and teach the zones— I find that the most impactful thing for me is seeing it WORK. I see how my students and clients respond to the tools and find joy in making their own toolboxes. I see the relief in the parents when they feel helped in regulating their child’s emotions.
By using the Zones of Regulation with students across my building, we have seen a consistent drop in student referrals to the office and for speech/ language services. It has increased student mindfulness and social awareness. We have even seen academic scores increase.
Discover Learning Products and Games
Get FREE Handouts and Resources
Sign up for our mailing list and get free downloadable handouts, resources, and ideas. You’ll also be the first to receive information on our newest products and trainings!Download Now